Moving as a senior or facilitating a move for an elderly loved one can be a chore. Our professional movers are polite, professional, and prepared to meet your moving needs. We have assisted seniors in downsizing their homes, relocating to a retirement facility, or moving in with family. It is our goal to provide a positive and stress-free experience for everyone involved. Our trained movers will treat yours or your loved one’s belongings with the same care we would treat our family’s belongings. Our moving consultants will work with you to conduct a thorough estimate either on the phone or in person upon request. Your move team can pack, unpack, and arrange items and furniture in your new space. Reach out to We Like to Move It today to make your senior friend or family member’s move simple and stress-free.
Tips from your pros on Senior Moving!
- It’s ok to ask for help. Find a friend or relative to help you prepare for your move. From making phone calls on your behalf to get quote, set up utility transfers/disconnects, to labeling boxes. Keep in mind that We Like to Move It has an entire range of senior moving services just for you. We also offer packing supplies and can deliver them right to your door. We are here for you!
- Take time to declutter! Moving is a great excuse to eliminate items that may be in your attic, garage, closets, or guest bedrooms. Our rule of thumb is that if you haven’t used the item in 6 months or longer it’s ok to part with it. Call your local donation center and arrange a pickup of unwanted furniture and items. If you feel up to the challenge a garage sale is also always an easy way to thin out your inventory.
- If you have items you want to keep, but don’t have the room for them arrange a storage space. Our team would be happy to make an additional stop on move day and deliver them for your convenience.
- On your moving day we can provide a special box for your prescriptions, important papers, and financial documents. It’s great to have these items close and we can put this box directly in your car.
- Want to feel right at home at your new place? It is a great idea to take pictures prior to moving, this way our team can set up and arrange your new home like your old.
Ready to get moving? Call We Like to Move It at 330-354-3262 and speak with one of our consultants today and start the free quote process.